|Rate This Recipe:|
|Share This Recipe:||
Let’s face it: most of us cooks love slow cooker recipes, and there is definitely no shortage of eaters who love teriyaki chicken. With all the different parts of the lovely bird (chicken thighs, chicken breasts, etc), there are quite a number of slow cook chicken recipes, even some great slow cooker chicken breasts recipes. This one, however, uses chicken thighs, and the teriyaki sauce makes them that much more scrumptious!
12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
Hot cooked rice, optional
1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken. 3. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
4. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
5. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
6. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired.
More in Asian