|Rate This Recipe:|
|Share This Recipe:||
Yield: 2 Servings
8 oz (250g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
1 tsp Chinese rice wine or sherry
1 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs oil
1 tbs Szechuan Peppercorn Oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
One 1 inch (2.5cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin pieces
10-15 dried red finger-length chillies, deseeded and cut into 2 in (5cm) lengths
3 heaping tablespoons roasted peanuts (we used cashew nuts)
1 green onion (scallion), trimmed and cut into small rounds
11/2 tbs soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese black vinegar
1/2 tsp Chinese rice wine or sherry
1 tsp sugar
3 dashes white pepper
2 tbs water
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Tenderize the chicken the same way as the beef in Mongolian Beef recipe.
2. Marinate the chicken with the rice wine or sherry and cornstarch for 10 minutes.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Heat 1/2 tbs of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat and stir-fry the marinated chicken cubes until they are half-cooked or the surface turns opaque. Dish out and set aside.
5. Heat the remaining oil and the Sichuan Peppercorn Oil in the wok or skillet over high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, stir quickly with the spatula before adding the dried red chillies. Stir-fry until you smell the aroma of the dried chillies.
6. Return the chicken to the wok or skillet and stir quickly with the spatula. Add the Sauce and stir contnously until the chicken meat is nicely coated with it.
7. Stir in the roasted peanuts/ cashew nuts and green onion, combining them thoroughly with the ingredients in the wok or skillet. Dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.
More in Chinese