|Rate This Recipe:|
|Share This Recipe:||
Yield: 12 Servings
1 (18.25-ounce) Package white cake mix
1 (3-ounce) Package strawberry gelatin
4 Large eggs
½ Cup sugar
½ Cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
½ Cup milk
½ Vegetable oil
1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting (see below)
Garnish with whole and halved strawberries
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
1 Cup butter, softened
(32-ounce) Package powdered sugar, sifted
1 Cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat cake mix, strawberry gelatin, eggs, sugar, chopped fresh strawberries, milk, vegetable oil and all-purpose flour at low speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Scrape down sides, and beat at medium speed for 2 more minutes, stopping to scrape down sides, as needed. (The Strawberries should be well blended.)
2. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes, or until cakes spring back when pressed lightly with a finger. Let cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely (about 1 hour.)
4. Spread the Strawberry Buttercream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with whole and halved strawberries. Serve immediately, or chill for up to 1 week.
5. For Strawberry Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy (about 20 seconds). Add sugar and strawberries, beating at low speed until creamy. (Add more sugar if frosting is too thin, or add strawberries if too thick.)
Note: This recipe was tested at Southern Living using Betty Crocker Supermoist Cake Mix, White. The recipe for the Strawberry Tart shown in the photo is on page 186 of the new book.
To make ahead: Prepare recipe as directed. Chill, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until frosting is set. Cover well with wax paper, and store in refrigerator up to a week.
More in Popular Recipes